Business Development Manager
One of world’s leading independent online panel and technology provider to the global marketing research industry. The company provides over 800 of the world’s leading market research agencies, communication agencies and corporates with access to online sample, custom panels and online community building technology and DIY survey tools. They manages a unique online panel community of over 7 million active members across 38 countries.
In order to strengthen the team in Rotterdam and to support the development of our Sales Department, we are looking for a Business Development Manager for corporate clients.
NL - Rotterdam
As Business Development Manager you have knowledge of the market research and its’ industry in general, and the positioning and benefits of online research to our clients and prospects. You understand the research and business issues and reasons for purchasing services with every key decision maker.
Demonstrate and offer knowledge and product enhancements as well as how they relate to relevant business and research issues end-clients face.
You should be able to provide assistence to clients when and where needed / requested. You will be knowledgeable regarding all areas of product feasibility and timing, how to assess feasibility and timing and what steps can be taken to increase feasibility or decrease timing. Continually stay abreast of new product offerings, market research industry issues and competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Business Development and Account Management on corporate clients.
- Sell product and services package in a defined sales territory of corporate clients, attaining or exceeding all established individual indicators, objectives, quotas and guidelines – this role is primarily new business development position with the option to grow and maintain accounts over time.
- Provide these clients with assistence where needed
- Meet or exceed all revenue and retention rates.
- Build excellent client relationships offering value-added, insightful and strategic input to their business.
- Develop delighted customers who continue to purchase Toluna services on a regular basis.
- Establish Partner relationships with those clients that meet the defined criteria for the Partnership plan.
- Participate in all ongoing training as required.
- Input all relevant information into the appropriate sales tracking databases, including: bids, prospects, client contact, meeting reports, etc.
- Other sales and research-related functions as needed.
- Minimum 3+ year’s proven consultative sales experience is a must.
- Experience in the market research industry is a must.
- Knowledge of custom communities and their use for market research initiatives
- Native Dutch, but also excellent in the English language.
- Minimal a Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, marketing or a sales concentration.
- Proven track record of sales success.
- Consistent over achievement of sales quotas.
- Track record for business development with new and existing clients
- Ability to thrive in a quota driven environment.
- Excellent communicator who is able to articulate the Toluna value proposition.
- Internet research experiences are a significant advantage.
- Excellent oral skills to speak directly to clients and make sales presentations remotely to small and large groups.
- Excellent writing skills to respond to requests for proposals and bids Ability to develop and conduct effective client presentations via the telephone and online presentation tools.
- Cold-calling skills to arrange (online) appointments with clients and prospects.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as in a team environment. Success-driven.
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated.
- Excellent inter-personal and inter-departmental skills.
- Maintain positive attitude.
- Reporting to the Sales Director (Europe)
Convenient package of working conditions with a base salary depending on experience € 75.000,= / 90.000,=
Apply online or send your application including an up-to-date CV and a brief cover letter outlining why you think you are suitable for this role to our Europe Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting: BDV0018 in the subject line.
A 2 day Assessment is part of the selection procedure.